The Ambassador of Switzerland to Singapore, His Excellency Fabrice FILLIEZ, and the stars Singapore alumni chapter jointly invite you to this exclusive, by-invitation-only event. A panel of experts from Singapore’s food tech ecosystem will discuss about the role of new food technologies and urban production in feeding the world. Driving sustainability and food security becomes even more important in times of an emerging global food crisis. How can new sources of tech-driven proteins help net-food importing nations like Singapore to become more self-sustaining? How can urban domestic production foster food security in a world that is increasingly exposed to food inflation and food shortages driven by the war in the world’s breadbasket, supply chain disruptions and natural disasters?
The panel discussion will be followed by a flying dinner with food samples served from Singapore’s emerging food tech champions.
- 18.00: Welcome Drinks
- 18.30: Welcome Addresses by HE Fabrice FILLIEZ, Ambassador of Switzerland to Singapore, Toni SCHOENENBERGER, Executive Chairman of stars, and Tom LUDESCHER, stars Singapore alumni chapter Co-President; CEO, Asia and EMEA of Entsia International
- 18.45: From Sustainability to Food Security: Food Tech in Times of Global Food Crisis
Panel Discussion with:
– Dominique R. KULL, Co-Founder and CEO of SGProtein
– John F. DIENER, Co-Founder and CEO of Vertical Oceans (online)
– Durgalakshmi SATHIAKUMAR, COO of Shiok Meats
moderated by: Tom LUDESCHER, stars Singapore alumni chapter Co-President
- 19.30: Flying Dinner, hosted by Ambassador HE Fabrice FILLIEZ
- 21.00: End of chapter meeting
Location: will be provided to registered participants
Please register here until 16 June 2022, seats are limited and will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis.