Research Innovation Enterprise (RIE) is the bloodline of innovative economies from Silicon Valley to Cambridge to Zurich to Singapore. However, every city’s RIE path is different and hardly a bed of roses. RIE cannot be defined and implemented by government or corporates alone. This holistic concept requires much more a collaborative model in order to succeed and ensure a sustainable, long term development. This fireside chat will feature an exchange of perspectives from expert speakers with government and corporate background from Singapore and Switzerland. What are the challenges, the pain points? What are the cutting edge ideas to facilitate the RIE process more effectively? And how do top down and bottom up approaches compete or complement each other?
• 18.00: Welcome Drinks
• 18.30: Welcome Addresses by Toni SCHOENENBERGER, Executive Chairman of stars and Tom LUDESCHER, stars Singapore alumni chapter Co-President; CEO, Asia and EMEA of Entsia International
• 18.45: Closing the Research, Innovation and Enterprise Loop
Panel Discussion with:
– Ted TAN, Chairman, SEEDS Capital and Deputy CEO, Enterprise Singapore
– Eng Keat LEE, Executive Director, Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB)
– Peter PIER, CEO, Omya Asia Pacific, Singapore
– Manfred RIST, Southeast Asia Correspondent, Neue Zuercher Zeitung (NZZ), Singapore
moderated by: Charles Chao RONG PHUA, stars Singapore alumni chapter Co-President; CEO, Solaris Strategies Singapore; President, Association for Public Affairs, Singapore
• 19.45: Flying Dinner, continuation of discussion, networking
• 21.00: End of chapter meeting
Location: UBS Business University @ Command House, 17 Kheam Hock Road, Singapore 298791
Please register here until 26 January 2020.